It’s a great time to become part of a dynamic, caring agency that addresses one of our community’s major public health epidemics: child sexual and physical abuse and exploitation. Kristi House is 22 years old and still growing to meet the needs of children in Miami-Dade County. At the Kristi House Child Advocacy Center, you’d be part of a team that is helping to heal and protect our community’s most vulnerable victims.
1 position is currently open as of 2/5/2018:
Assistant Clinical Supervisor
Download Job Description (PDF)
This is a licensed, clinical full-time, 40-hours-per-week position. The position is responsible for management of the Therapy unit, comprised of approximately 14 licensed and masters level therapists, several masters level interns, and three support staff. This includes supervision, training and evaluation, as well as carrying a small caseload of clients. The position reports to the Clinical Supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities (50%):
- Provide and/or supervise intake and evaluation of child-victims referred for therapeutic services for sexual and/or physical abuse. Review and approve diagnoses and course of treatment recommended by all therapists and interns.
- Maintain professional standards regarding client record keeping.
- Monitor clients’ clinical progress during the course of treatment.
- Coordinate with case coordinators and other agencies co-located at the Center and in the community to ensure communication among personnel and agencies involved with victims’ families.
- Assist in the review and prepare documentation for funding sources as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports.
- Attend annual community and national network meetings as needed.
- Maintain demographic information and statistical information regarding children seen in the therapy department and assist with overseeing data collection in support of overall program evaluation and grant-funded projects.
Therapy Responsibilities (50%):
- Provide office/in home individual, group and/or family therapy as appropriate to clients seen at Kristi House, including intake and evaluation
- Document all client/collateral and face-to-face contacts via therapy progress notes.
- On call for critical incidents and ongoing consultation.
- Maintain professional standards regarding client record keeping and confidentiality.
- Monitor clients’ clinical progress during the course of treatment via clinical assessment tools.
- Prepare treatment plans/treatment plan reviews/termination summaries and closing documents.
- Maintain contact with KH case coordinators and other agencies co-located at the Center to ensure communication among agencies involved with the family.
- Prepare for and attend weekly supervision to discuss client’s progress, therapists’ needs and administrative paperwork.
- Assess clients/families for co-occurring disorders and make referrals as needed
- Attend bi-weekly group supervision and monthly psychiatric case review
- Lead a therapeutic group at KH such as Teen Group, Pathways, or Parents Group
- Perform and be available as back up for initial clinical intake assessments
- Minimum travel for meetings or conferences
- Perform related work as required
- A LCSW, LMHC, or LMFT required
- A minimum of one year of post-licensing experience working with emotionally disturbed children and adolescents and a total of 3 years working with same population
- A minimum of one year of experience providing supervision to graduate level mental health counselor or social work students or to unlicensed Master’s level mental health service providers.
- Experience working with families and children overcoming physical abuse strongly preferred.
Send resume and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristi House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Director of Operations, Dawn Thompson, at 305-547-6834 or email@example.com.
To advise us of your interest in possible employment opportunities at Kristi House, please send a cover letter and resume to: Director of Operations, Kristi House, 1265 NW 12th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the employment, training, promoting, or provision of service to clients, Kristi House will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, country of national origin, language proficiency, or ability to pay. In addition, clients that are diagnosed with co-occurring disorders will not be excluded from service because of the diagnosis. Kristi House will provide reasonable accommodation to all employees and clients as specified by the mandates of the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Department of Children and Families CFOP 60-10, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. All services including communication assistance and auxiliary aids, are provided free of charge to the client.