It’s a great time to become part of a dynamic, caring agency that addresses one of our community’s major public health epidemics: child sexual abuse and exploitation. Kristi House is 21 years old and still growing to meet the needs of children in Miami-Dade County. At the Kristi House Child Advocacy Center, you’d be part of a team which is helping to heal and protect our community’s most vulnerable victims.
Case Coordinator- 2 Positions Available
One position will be located at Kristi House’s central office and the other to serve the communities of Deep South Dade, including Florida City, Homestead, Naranja and Leisure City. Bilingual preferred for both (English/Spanish), but a “must” for the Deep South Dade position.
This is a Bachelor’s degree level, full-time, 40-hour-per-week position designed to provide case coordination services to child sexual abuse victims and their families based in the community. An employee in this position is responsible for performing all case coordination functions to ensure that the children’s and family’s needs are met. Work is performed under the supervision of the COO, Programs Director and the CEO. Services provided to clients are monitored through supervision, clinical case reviews, and quality assurance meetings. Staff job performance is evaluated during supervision, at the 90 days probationary evaluation period and during annual reviews. Case Coordinators are expected to attend training conferences, continuing education seminars, and any community outreach events to strengthen practice and promote the Kristi House Children’s Advocacy Center and its mission.
- Conduct initial face-to-face meeting and ongoing assessment of the child victim(s) and family.
- Conduct home visits to meet families within their community environment to assess child’s and family members’ needs.
- In coordination with the family, develop service plans that reflect attention to the families’ cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and link clients with appropriate services to meet their physical, academic, legal, medical and psychological needs.
- Accompany families through process of various court systems, including Criminal Court, Dependency Court, and/or Family Court
- Prepare and present cases at the weekly multidisciplinary case staffing meetings and administrative/clinical case reviews to determine goals for service planning.
- Accompany families to obtain housing, Medicaid, insurance, Social Security, or other economic services.
- Coordinate with professionals from the Department of Children & Families, Guardian ad Litem Program, Law Enforcement, State Attorney’s Office, court personnel, other social service/therapeutic agencies, public/private schools and others as needed.
- Identify, complete and follow-up on necessary referrals for care and services.
- Act as liaison for the family between KH and other care/service providers and professionals involved in the case.
- Monitor client’s clinical progress in the Kristi House program on ongoing basis.
- Monitor all clinical records to assess client progress, to assure DCF and Medicaid compliance; participate in quarterly peer review audits to implement and adhere to quality assurance standards.
In addition, the Case Coordinator is expected to conduct two face-to-face visits monthly with each client and family. One of these visits must be in the home if client is not in therapy. Once child/children is/are in therapy, there should be one home visit at the 90 days interval and one home visit at closing. The estimated time of service delivery is 90 days to 6 months (earlier or later as needed).
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology preferred. Degree or work experience in related field may be acceptable
- One (1) year experience working with emotionally disturbed children and adolescents or related population preferred.
- Preferred Bilingual: English/Spanish or English/Haitian Creole
There are two case coordinator positions available. One in our main office and the other in deep South Dade.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Kristi House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Director of Operations, Dawn Thompson, at 305-547-6834 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To advise us of your interest in possible employment opportunities at Kristi House, please send a cover letter and resume to: Director of Operations, Kristi House, 1265 NW 12th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, or email it to email@example.com.
In the employment, training, promoting, or provision of service to clients, Kristi House will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, country of national origin, language proficiency, or ability to pay. In addition, clients that are diagnosed with co-occurring disorders will not be excluded from service because of the diagnosis. Kristi House will provide reasonable accommodation to all employees and clients as specified by the mandates of the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Department of Children and Families CFOP 60-10, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. All services including communication assistance and auxiliary aids, are provided free of charge to the client.