It’s a great time to become part of a dynamic, caring agency that addresses one of our community’s major public health epidemics: child sexual and physical abuse and exploitation. Kristi House is 22 years old and still growing to meet the needs of children in Miami-Dade County. At the Kristi House Child Advocacy Center, you’d be part of a team that is helping to heal and protect our community’s most vulnerable victims.
1 position are currently open:
Send resume and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Assessment Therapist
This is a Master’s level, full-time, 40 hours per week position. This position is designed to provide clinical and wrap-around assessments to child sexual abuse victims and their non-offending parents/guardians. The assessment therapist is responsible for the initial intake assessment of all cases referred to Kristi House. The position identifies formal therapeutic and case coordination treatment outcome goals for child victims of sexual abuse and their non-offending parents/caregivers in a culturally competent, culturally informed manner.
Work is performed under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor. Services provided to clients are monitored through supervision, and reviews. Staff job performance is evaluated during supervision, at the 90-day probationary evaluation period and during annual reviews.
- Provide crisis counseling, intake assessment and evaluation to all clients/family referred for KH services using the TAP (Trauma Assessment Pathway) assessment tool, interviews, observation and other best practice tools to determine child and family status and needs. 50%
- Conduct clinical interviews and administer standardized assessment measures to capture a variety of clinical domains specific to trauma and assess parent/caretaker and family functioning. 10%
- Conduct clinical and concrete assessment to direct case coordination and therapy treatment needs/goals. 10%
- Provide a treatment model unique to the child victim and his/her family. 10%
- Identify potential external referral sources for specialized services and make referrals. 10%
- Maintain professional standards regarding client record keeping and confidentiality
- Maintain progress notes 10%
- Master’s level therapist
- A minimum of one-year Master’s level experience working with emotionally disturbed children and adolescents
- Bilingual: English/Spanish or English/Haitian Creole
Kristi House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Director of Operations, Dawn Thompson, at 305-547-6834 or email@example.com.
To advise us of your interest in possible employment opportunities at Kristi House, please send a cover letter and resume to: Director of Operations, Kristi House, 1265 NW 12th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the employment, training, promoting, or provision of service to clients, Kristi House will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, country of national origin, language proficiency, or ability to pay. In addition, clients that are diagnosed with co-occurring disorders will not be excluded from service because of the diagnosis. Kristi House will provide reasonable accommodation to all employees and clients as specified by the mandates of the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Department of Children and Families CFOP 60-10, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. All services including communication assistance and auxiliary aids, are provided free of charge to the client.