You can make the winter holidays a little brighter for the children and families receiving our services with your donation of toys, food stuffs for holiday meals and/or gift cards.
At Kristi House we have a tradition of providing gifts for child-clients and their siblings…possible only with tremendous support from the community. We rely on businesses and individuals like yourself to conduct toy drives on behalf of these children and families who are experiencing what is for many, their darkest days.
We hope to continue our tradition, and provide a light, celebratory holiday environment for our clients during December. If it is in your capacity to help this year, we would be especially grateful for the items listed below. We are especially in need of gift cards (Visa Gift Cards, Target, Walmart) in $15 – $25 amounts.
- Toys, Gifts, Games – Particularly for the ‘tweens ages, 9-12
- Gift Cards – Work best for the Kristi House teenagers. $15 – $25, Visa Gift Cards, Target, Walmart
- Underwriting – Funds to help provide food, supplies, gift cards, etc.
- Non-perishable Food – Dry, canned and packaged food for holiday baskets (Holiday Pantry Flyer – click here.)
Over half of all children seen at Kristi House are 13 and older. For these teenagers, we find gift cards work best, or some of these gift ideas:
- Games: Jenga, Mancala, other board/card games
- Art supplies: colored pencils, paint, brushes, sketch pads
- Makeup, lotion, perfume
- Tech Gadgets: headphones, USB drives, chargers, portable chargers, phone cases
Please drop by Kristi House with your donation anytime Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., or on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. We ask to have all donations by 12/7, to begin distribution on 12/10.
Please call if you cannot get to us and need a pickup and we’ll try to arrange for one of our helpers to get to you. LCarter@kristihouse.org, 305-547-6845.
Last year more than 1,000 children and their families received services from Kristi House. Services have remained 100% free to families since founding, critical since most of the families seen at Kristi House are very low income, do not have insurance and have no other place to turn for help. In our 22 years of service, we have treated 14,750 children and trained 100,000+ adults, children and professionals.
Thank you Papa John’s Miami for your regular support!
Click here to download our donation flyer (PDF).